Health & Safety - CDM Advisory Services
Doran Consulting has carried out a wide
range of CDM commissions since the introduction of the CDM regulations in 1994
in the UK. Currently under CDM 2015 and CDM NI 2016 we undertake the role
of Principal Designer and also offer H&S advisory services to both Clients
and Principal Contractors to assist them with their duties under CDM
Regulations. We also undertake the role of the Project Supervisor for the
Design Phase (PSDP) for projects in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Principal Designer (PD), H&S advisory and PSDP services are managed by our BSI accredited IMS system and we are annually assessed by the Association of Project Safety to retain our PD Corporate Membership.
Our CDM team consists of experienced Chartered Engineers with additional NEBOSH qualifications and we are Corporate Members of the APS. Our CDM team work with multidisciplinary teams on CDM commissions and also on projects where the company has a design capacity. We have the resources to adhere to tight deadlines and we maintain a proactive approach to facilitate good communications and co-operation between designers and contractors.
Our Principal Designer and PSDP experience ranges from heavy civil engineering, maritime works, water and wastewater projects to office, commercial, education, clinical buildings, airports and refurbishment projects.
Our PD, H&S advisory and PSDP services involve carrying many of the following duties on each project:
- Reviewing the scope of each project and developing a robust communication protocol.
- Establishing a programme of PD and design review meetings and reporting of outputs.
- Holding design review workshops to review Design Risk Management (DRM) undertaken in the design, to establish what risks and hazards have been eliminated, and to decide what control measures are proposed for the remaining residual risks.
- We review existing available Pre-Construction Information (PCI) with the Design team and utilise a DRM tracker to ensure design hazards and risks are identified, controlled and address phasing, boundary control, temporary works etc with the Design team.
- We prepare a PCI pack for issue to the Principal Contractor (PC).
- During the Construction Phase we liaise with the PCs, attend meetings, liaise with the design team for ongoing design risk management review, keep DRM tracker updated, review design H&S interaction between permanent & temporary works design, keep PCI under review ensuring ongoing design information is available.
- We develop H&S File information as projects progress, and provide the client with a H&S File at the end of the project.
For more information, please contact Michael Nelson or Karen Dolan
Tel: (028) 9033 3443